It’s a good idea to have Outlook delete your emails off the mail server after you have downloaded them onto your computer. This is to prevent your Inbox filling up. If the Inbox is full, mail cannot be received.
If you are still having trouble setting this up, click here for some of our recommended IT Support companies for further assistance.
To configure Outlook to delete messages from the server, follow the instructions below:
- Open Outlook.
- Go to Tools and select Account Settings
- Select Change Email Account and click next.
- Select the account you wish to change and press the Change button.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Go to the Advanced Tab.
- Under the Delivery heading, ensure that Leave a copy of messages on the server is checked, and check the box for ‘remove from server after’ and change it to anywhere between 14 and 30 days.
To configure Apple Mail to delete messages from the server, follow the instructions below:
- In Mail select Mail > Preferences.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Select the account for which you wish to change the settings.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Select the “Remove copy from server after retrieving a message” option.
- Select a time frame from the pop-up menu.